Known as Kowloon West Battery, these three gun guarded the entrance to Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour between the Stonecutters Island and Green Island from late 1800s to early 1900s.
|Ying, Yang, Gun Barrel|
The Battery was first built at around 1878 to 1880, the guns were replaced in 1900 and 1911 respectively, and completed their services in 1917. These gun barrels are 5-inch Breech Loading Mark III. The general public are free to access these historical treasures during park hours.
Kowloon Park hosts a series of mini-shows and displays throughout the year. It is also the home of exotic birds and plants, a small natural heaven in the city.