The world famous aerial portrait exhibition "Earth From Above" is in Hong Kong China from 29 Dec 2010 to 29 Dec 2011. Hundreds of magnificent photographs captured by master Yann Arthus-Bertrand are printed and presented on the roof-top of the China Hong Kong Harbour Ferry terminal.
Fact: "80% of fisheries are at the limit of over-exploitation, overfishing or exhausted!"
The purpose of this exhibition is to promote green living towards sustainable development. The general public can admire amazing photographs taken at the various corners of the world; and learn about the damages that human beings has been doing to our planet.
|Middelgrunden offshore wind farm, Copenhagen, Denmark|
The images presented are photographs of the large prints that are on displays at Hong Kong. They have been re-sized and re-cropped. There might also be unwanted glare or shadows in some of the photos.
Details of the images presented in the collage:
- Marrakesh carpet, Morocco
- Cotton fabric drying in the sun, India
- Women carrying buckets, Mali
- Tea picking, Kericho Region, Kenya
- Boats stuck in Common Water, Hyacinths on the Nile, Egypt
- Blue Lagoon near Grindavik, Iceland
- Detail of the Runway at Gibraltar Airfiel
- Cotton balls, Ivory Coast
You can download high-quality wallpapers from Mr. Arthus-Bertrand's official website for personal use at http://www.yannarthusbertrand.org