The world famous aerial portrait exhibition "Earth From Above" is in Hong Kong China from 29 Dec 2010 to 29 Dec 2011. Hundreds of magnificent photographs captured by master Yann Arthus-Bertrand are printed and presented on the roof-top of the China Hong Kong Harbour Ferry terminal.
Fact: "13 million hectares of natural forests disappear every year!"
The purpose of this exhibition is to promote green living towards sustainable development. The general public can admire amazing photographs taken at the various corners of the world; and learn about the damages that human beings has been doing to our planet.
The images presented are photographs of the large prints that are on displays at Hong Kong. They have been re-sized and re-cropped. There might also be unwanted glare or shadows in some of the photos.
|Erosion on the side of a volcano, Madagascar|
|The heart of Voh in 1990, France|
|Sandbank, Whitsunday Island, Queensland Australia|
Details of the images presented in the collages:
- Mount Everest, Himalaya, Nepal
- The Maelifell volcano on the edge of the Myrdalsjokull glacier, Iceland
- Erosion on the side of a volcano, Madagascar
- Perito Moreno glacier, Argentina
- Sandbank, Whitsunday Island, Queensland, Australia
- Trees in the middle of water, France
- Kilimandjaro's disappearing Snow, Tanzania
- Gosses Bluff Meteoric crater, Northern Territory, Australia
- Glacier tongue,Ysyk-Kol region, Kyrgyzstan
- Sand dune, Fraser Island, Queensland, Australia
- Tongue of the Taylor glacier, Antarctica
- Herd of bovines Laguna Merin, The Oriental Republic of Uruguary
- The heart of Voh in 1990, New Caledonia, France
- Buddhist temple at Bamiyan, Afghanistan
- Carousel irrigation, Jordan
- Nets used for drying algae, South Korea
- Coastal swamps in West Coast National Park, Republic of South Africa
- The Tree of Life, Tsavo-East National Park, Kenya
You can download high-quality wallpapers from Mr. Arthus-Bertrand's official website for personal use at http://www.yannarthusbertrand.org